Learn the ins and outs of GMail – how to set-up and access your email account, sending and receiving email, handling attachments and managing your inbox and contacts.
Who is this course for?
This Tech Savvy Seniors workshop is aimed at people aged 60+ who have a general understanding of their computer.
What will you learn?
- Creating a GMail account and knowing how to sign in
- Adding your GMail account to your mobile device (where applicable)
- Developing an understanding of the GMail interface and how to navigate the inbox
- Developing an understanding of how to send, reply and forward emails
- Becoming familiar with adding attachments to your email
- Becoming familiar with downloading and saving an attachment
- Becoming familiar with Google Drive
- Becoming familiar with managing your contacts
This course is best designed for computers to get full access to the functionality of GMail. However, if you have a confident understanding of your tablet or smartphone, you are welcome to do this course on that device, keeping in mind that GMail does display a little differently on mobile devices and the class will be demonstrated on the web interface on a computer.
You will need all of your own usernames and passwords (eg Apple ID or Google account) to make sure you can actively participate.
You will also need a basic level of computing skills to do this course.
If you have an existing GMail account, please bring along the full email address (ending in @gmail.com) and your password. If you do not have a GMail account, creating one from scratch will require you to verify your identity. The easiest way to do this is to bring along your mobile phone. This way, GMail can text you a verification code.
The latest course schedule is available on our online booking page.