‘Simple ways to keep your money safe online’ helps build confidence in using online financial services.
About this Event
If you’ve been wondering how to spot online scams or how to tell which websites are trustworthy, this course is for you. We’ll show you some simple ways to find trustworthy information and manage your privacy, so you’ll feel confident that you and your money stay safe online.
This course is delivered online in an interactive webinar format on Thursday 26 November from 12:30 pm.
Bookings are essential and can be made below or at our Eventbrite Booking Page.
Who is it for?
‘Simple ways to keep your money safe online’ is suitable for anyone looking to learn practical tips for spotting scams and protecting their online privacy so they can feel more confident using handy online budgeting and money management tools.
What it covers
- Staying safe from scams when banking online
- What is a scam and how do you spot one?
- How to protect yourself from scams
- What to do if you’ve been scammed
- Finding trustworthy information online
- How do you tell if a website is trustworthy?
- How do you tell if an app is trustworthy?
- Top tips for finding trustworthy information
- Privacy and protecting your digital identity
- Controlling how your data is used
- Managing your privacy settings
People who register for this online course will be sent a link on 25 November to access the training.
Library Officer - Digital Services
Light Regional Council Public Library Service